Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Study of an investigational compound that is being developed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM)
Besonderheiten (auf Englisch)
- You are a healthy male.
- You are between 18 and 54 years old and are living in The Netherlands, Belgium or Germany.
- You do not smoke. Smoking or the use of any other nicotine containing products is not allowed during your stay in the research facility,
- Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is between 18.0 and 30.0 kg/m2 inclusive. The BMI shows the relation between body weight in kilograms and length in meters.
- You can only participate in this study if you have not participated in a drug or new device study within 12 weeks prior to the first drug administration in this study.
- You are only allowed to participate in this study if you follow at least one of the below options for contraception:
- You will use a condom and your fertile female partner uses an intrauterine device or hormonal contraceptives (e.g. the pill); or
- you are vasectomized; or
- your female partner is at least 12 months postmenopausal (without menstrual periods) or at least 12 months surgically sterilized; or
- you are truly abstinent as lifestyle during the study; or
- you are only sexually active with a male.
- To determine if you are eligible to participate in this study, you will undergo a medical screening within 3 weeks before the start of the clinical trial. Based on the availability this can be done in Utrecht or Groningen.
Vergütung (auf Englisch)
You will receive a gross compensation of €1.320,- for full participation in one of the groups, with the exception of Group B.
You will receive a gross compensation of € 2116 for full participation in group B.
Travelling expenses will be reimbursed based on the distance traveled (€ 0.19 net per kilometer) with a minimum of € 12.- and a maximum of € 160 (840 kilometers) per round trip, irrespective of the method of transportation
Periode und Studie (auf Englisch)
For all groups (with the exception of Group B) the study consists of 1 period in which you will stay in our research facility in Groningen for 5 days (4 nights). For Group B, the study consists of 2 periods in which you will stay in our research facility in Groningen for 5 days (4 nights). For each group a follow up visit will take place between 12 – 16 days after the last administration of the compound.
Please note: You can find the exact dates of each group on our website. If the dates do change you will be notified as soon as possible. These are the currently planned dates; however, these may be subject to change.
6 days stay
8 Nov 2020 up to and including 13 Nov 2020
Follow-up by appointment between 21 - 25 November in Groningen or Utrecht.
6 days stay
10 Nov 2020 up to and including 15 Nov 2020
Follow-up by appointment between 23 - 27 November in Groningen or Utrecht.